Where we’ve been; where we’re going.
For over 30 years, NeighborWorks Home Partners (formerly Community Neighborhood Housing Services) has provided homeownership services and programs to the residents of Saint Paul and surrounding communities.
A brief timeline:
- 1981: founded by a group of Saint Paul West Side residents, our focus was on providing affordable home improvement loans, supported by funds from the City of Saint Paul.
- 1982: became an affiliate of NeighborWorks America and a member of the national NeighborWorks Network.
- 1982-1990: CNHS participated in the NeighborWorks national initiative “Campaign for Homeownership” and exceeded goals.
- 2001: the U.S. Department of the Treasury certified as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). This designation means that NWHP meets the Treasury’s rigorous criteria and is eligible for additional federal assistance. This resulted in investments from several local financial institutions, particularly in the area of lending.
- 2007: designated as a NeighborWorks Home Ownership Center.
- 2007-2012: has invested more than $166 million into neighborhoods across the Twin Cities.
- 2014: completed merger with Greater Frogtown CDC and began operations as NeighborWorks Home Partners
We are stepping up to the new demands of the market to help families keep and maintain their homes, and develop strong neighborhoods and healthy communities.
Where we’re headed
- Revitalize neighborhoods by providing programs and services to families that stabilize the community.
- Increase the wealth of families by providing affordable opportunities for home ownership.
- Work with families to understand the process and responsibilities of home buying and homeownership.
- Provide educational opportunities for families to be able to manage and understand finances so they are able to maintain, grow, and keep their wealth.
Our services help families of diverse economic and cultural backgrounds keep abreast of current opportunities. With our help, homebuyers stay financially healthy as they make the biggest purchase of their lives.