The COVID-19 crisis has turned parts of our economy upside-down, and for many households, reliable paychecks may have disappeared overnight.
If you find yourself without income, what can you do to protect your home?
- Apply quickly for unemployment benefits.
- Seek out resource programs for food and other emergency assistance.
- Contact your mortgage servicer (the place that collects your monthly mortgage payment) and explain that COVID-19 has affected your ability to pay. Do –not- just stop sending payments.
- Call us. If you’d like to talk through your options, or have trouble contacting your servicer, please call us at NeighborWorks Home Partners, at 651-292-8710, or get started here.
- If you are a resident of Hennepin County, you may be eligible for help through the Hennepin Homeownership Preservation Program (HHPP).
- If you are a resident of suburban Ramsey County, you may be eligible for help through the Ramsey County Homeownership Preservation Program. (City of Saint Paul residents are not eligible for this program.)
- If you are a resident of Saint Paul, you may be eligible for help through the Saint Paul Homeownership Preservation Program (SPHHP).
Our homeownership advisors are HUD-certified foreclosure intervention counselors. Our services are confidential, compassionate, and free. We are here to help you navigate your options, and can help you communicate with your lender.
We can also help if your circumstances are not related to COVID-19. Don’t wait to get in touch – the sooner you start, the more options you have.
Minnesota Unemployment Insurance https://www.uimn.org/applicants/needtoknow/news-updates/covid-19.jsp
Family Housing Fund COVID-19 Resources: https://www.fhfund.org/covid19/
Federal Housing Finance Agency: https://www.fhfa.gov/Homeownersbuyer/MortgageAssistance/Pages/Coronavirus-Assistance-Information.aspx