Be prepared before you buy.
Register for Home Stretch
Completed the class? Request a certificate
Home Stretch Online Workshops
Buying a house can be hard work. Our Home Stretch classes help you prepare for a successful home buying experience. You’ll walk through all of the steps of purchasing a home and leave with a better understanding of how the whole process works, equipped with information to make you a confident and powerful purchaser.
Our 8-hour interactive online workshops are taught by housing counselors and mortgage and real estate professionals. You will have a chance to get answers to your questions directly from the experts! Our Home Stretch classes are HUD and NSP approved.
- Preparing your finances
- How your credit affects homeownership
- Mortgage programs and processes
- Shopping for a home
- The importance of having a home inspection
- The closing process
- Home maintenance responsibilities
- Predatory lending practices and avoiding foreclosure
Classes are offered in English. Call 651-292-8710 for Hmong or Karen options. Pre-registration is required.
Upcoming Workshop Dates
- Virtual: Wednesday and Thursday, March 29 & 30, 2023: 5:30 to 9:30 PM – registration period closes 3/22 – COST: FREE
- Virtual: Saturday, April 15, 2023: 8:30 to 5:00 PM – registration period closes 4/7 – COST: FREE
- Virtual: Wednesday and Thursday, April 26 & 27, 2023: 5:30 to 9:30 PM – registration period closes 4/19 – COST: FREE
Pre-registration is required by noon, 5 business days prior to the class date.
NeighborWorks Home Partners has a no refund policy regarding all appointments, classes, and workshops, but you may reschedule.
Register for Home Stretch
Framework(™) On-Demand Education
We are proud to offer Framework online education as an option for our customers.
Framework(™) is the only online homebuyer course designed by experts in online learning. It’s comprehensive, so you’ll have all the facts you need to navigate every step of the buying process. And you can learn when, where, and how you like. It even works on your smartphone.
Framework is available in English and Spanish.
Cost: $75 – Framework is not included in our free class offerings.
Register for Framework
Framework meets most lenders’ requirements for homebuyer education, but check with yours to make sure an online course is acceptable. Some programs require an advising appointment in addition to the workshop when online education is chosen.
“Well worth the money for class. We learned more in 1 day than I’d thought was going to happen. I would definitely recommend!” – Sara