FUNDS ARE LIMITED. We have helped over 400 households purchase a home with NeighborhoodLIFT. As we near the end of the program funding, availability changes from day to day and new funds are sometimes released. Go to this page and check the banner at the top of the page to see if any funds are available.
NeighborWorks Home Partners is proud to be part of the NeighborhoodLIFT program in collaboration with Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks® America. Discover the possibilities of homeownership and find out if it’s right for you!
NeighborhoodLIFT Program Information
NeighborhoodLIFT provides eligible homebuyers with matching funds up to $7,500 of down payment assistance on qualified properties. The program includes homebuyer education that will prepare you for finding and financing a home and for managing the financial responsibilities of homeownership. (For approved homebuyer education facilitators click here)
- Assistance is not limited to first-time buyers
- Borrowers’ annual income in combination with household size must be at or below 80% of the Minneapolis-St. Paul Area Median Income (AMI) guidelines.
- A complete list of participating partner lenders is available here.
Properties qualified for the program must be:
- 1. Within city limits of Minneapolis or Saint Paul. Click here to determine property eligibility.
- 2. The primary, owner-occupied home of the buyer(s)
- 3. A detached home, townhouse, condominium, 1-4 unit property, Planned Unit Development
NeighborhoodLIFT – Getting Started
To start the application process for NeighborhoodLIFT® down payment assistance, you will need to make an appointment to assess your eligibility for the program. Please read and follow the instructions below. An eligibility determination is not a reservation of funds.
- To begin the NeighborhoodLIFT application process, you must first create an account. Go to our customer portal to get started.
- When creating your account, be sure to check “I am interested in applying for NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance.”
- Once you have completed the initial steps, you will receive an email from NeighborWorks Home Partners in order to authenticate your account.
- Within the email click on the “Confirm Your Account” hyperlink.
- Create an 8-character password for your profile
- To log in to your account, click here.
- Once you are logged in, select the “LIFT Quiz” button in the banner at the top of the screen. *If you do not see this option please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
- Once you have completed the quiz and are determined preliminarily eligible, you will be asked on screen to enter some information about your current mailing address and your purchase property. Additionally, you will need to upload the following documents in order to schedule an appointment for an Eligibility Determination Session. Click the “Upload Files” button. Please upload the following documents:
***Don’t have a scanner? It’s easy! Use your smartphone to log in to your account and take pictures of your documents from your phone’s camera to upload them!
- If you have not already completed Home Buyer Education through an approved provider, now is a great time to sign up for homebuyer education!
***Remember, a completed Homebuyer Education Certificate from an approved provider is required prior to closing on your home
- Once NeighborWorks Home Partners has reviewed and approved the documents you uploaded, an email will be sent to you from NeighborWorks Home Partners letting you know that it is time to schedule your Eligibility Determination Session. When you receive that email, go to the Training Center and proceed to the “My Appointments” section.
***Please note, this appointment will not appear unless you submitted the appropriate documentation. Once NeighborWorks Home Partners reviews and approves this documentation, you will be able to schedule this appointment. NeighborWorks Home Partners will review your submissions within 48 business hours.
- After scheduling your EDS appointment, you will be sent an email from NeighborWorks Home Partners confirming the date, time and location of your EDS appointment. The email will include details of the documents you should upload at least 72 hours prior to your appointment. You can upload these documents via the My Documents tab at the top of your online account (remember, you can log into your account via your smart phone or tablet and use your device’s camera to take pictures of your required documents if you don’t have access to a scanner). Click here to see a list of the required documents. If you do not upload these documents 72 hours prior to your appointment, your appointment will be cancelled. Be sure to bring copies of all of the documents you upload to your Eligibility Determination Session.
What Happens Next?
- At your EDS appointment, NeighborWorks Home Partners will determine your eligibility to participate in the NeighborhoodLIFT® program.
- Once you are deemed eligible for participation, you will be issued a conditional commitment letter from NeighborWorks Home Partners. A copy of this will also be sent to your first mortgage lender
- Your first mortgage lender will submit all required documents to NeighborWorks Home Partners 13 business days prior to the closing date listed on your purchase and sales agreement
- If your NeighborhoodLIFT® borrower contribution was not verified at your EDS appointment, you must submit the appropriate documentation to NeighborWorks Home Partners by logging into your account at our customer portal and uploading them via the My Documents section (remember, you can always log in on your smart phone or tablet and use your device’s camera to take a picture of your documents and upload them to us that way!) 14 calendar days prior to the closing date listed on your purchase and sales agreement. Failure to submit this documentation on time will result in a delayed closing on your home.
Have more questions?
If you have additional questions, visit our FAQ page.
Contact NeighborWorks Home Partners for questions about NeighborhoodLIFT at email@example.com or 651-348-5109.