Homeownership Opportunity Minneapolis
Potential Minneapolis homebuyers who participate in financial coaching can get an added benefit: up to $10,000 in the form of a 0% interest, due-on-sale loan for a down payment on a home. These loans have no monthly payments and are paid back after 30 years or when the house is sold.
- Applicants must complete an approved financial wellness program a minimum of three months prior to entering into a purchase agreement on a home.
- New – Applicants can apply for a pre-approval for HOM funds. Once your application is determined eligible, the pre-approval is good for 60 days.
- Buyers must also attend homebuyer education. NeighborWorks Home Partners offers HomeStretch workshops that meet this requirement.
- The Borrower/s can have either a Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or Social Security Number (SSN)
- Buyers must have a household income below 80% of Area Median Income.
- Owner-occupied single family and duplex homes within Minneapolis city limits are eligible. This includes townhomes and condos.
- These funds cannot be layered with these other City of Minneapolis programs.
NeighborWorks Home Partners is an administrator of this program in partnership with the City of Minneapolis.
How to Get Started
Your loan officer will submit an application on your behalf. Please let them know you are interested in Minneapolis HOM Down Payment Assistance and refer them to this page.