Access and Engagement Specialist, AmeriCorps VISTA
NeighborWorks Home Partners is a premier nonprofit homeownership center with resources to help people buy, fix, or keep their homes and be powerful and informed consumers. Our goal is to eliminate racial disparities in homeownership. We are hiring two AmeriCorps VISTA Associates to work in customer access/engagement and service delivery to help more people learn about and access these services.
Our VISTAs will serve with us for one year, from August 31, 2021 to August 29, 2022. If you are able to take on this challenge, you will be helping people access down payment assistance, homebuyer education, credit help, and home improvement funding. Many of our customers would not be able to achieve homeownership or make needed repairs to their homes without these resources. This is an experience that can make an impact not just for a lifetime but for generations to come.
VISTA members receive a living allowance of $575.40 bi-weekly and have a choice of the Segal Education Award (valued at approximately $6000) or an $1800 cash stipend at the completion of service. We also provide a $400 monthly housing subsidy.
We are looking for candidates who want to engage with the community, learn about nonprofit operations, and develop their skills in improving customer access and delivering services. The physical activity requirements for this job may include working outdoors at some community events and festivals if social distancing rules permit.
Applicants must be:
- U.S. citizens and at least 18 years of age
- responsible, self-motivated, and able to handle multiple ongoing projects
- able to work full-time with regular and timely attendance
- excellent communicators
The VISTA member will assist in adapting service delivery to meet emerging community needs, especially for audiences who encounter barriers to access homeownership services. This includes: conducting and holding focus groups and interviews to identify barriers to access; evaluating current service delivery model to identify customer challenges; improving customer engagement with programs; and improving service delivery workflows and implementing recommendations. These VISTA member findings will be implemented in our organization workflows and become part of our regular operations. Marketing and communications staff will work in partnership with the VISTA member in creating materials and updates to the website.
VISTA Assignment Description
The VISTA member will deliver assets including: contact database of professionals and organizations who serve underrepresented communities; survey data identifying barriers to accessing homeownership services; training materials to help customers access services; improved customer website interface.
Identify Barriers to Access and Evaluate Service Delivery
Work with program staff to:
- Identify website accessibility issues
- Identify community organizations and professionals who represent and have connections to underrepresented communities
- Conduct interviews to learn about problems customers and referral partners have faced in accessing our services.
- Create recommendations to remove barriers
Improve Customer Engagement
Work with program staff and other VISTA to:
- Propose solutions for barriers identified in first objective to help improve new work processes
- Create training materials to explain new processes
- Identify materials for translation into other languages or formats to reach underrepresented communities
- Create post-service surveys to gauge customer satisfaction and ease of access
- Develop engagement strategies by following customer process with photos and testimonials
Applications should be received by August 6 for priority consideration.