Accounting and Post-Closing Coordinator
NeighborWorks Home Partners is seeking a detail-oriented and organized, full-time Accounting & Post Closing Coordinator to our join our growing organization.
Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Accounting & Post Closing Coordinator is an integral member of the shared service team. This role serves as the primary driver for the day to day accounting operations of the organization. This responsibility includes entering transactions into accounting software (Blackbaud Financial Edge/NXT) and overall responsibility for general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, account reconciliations as well as managing the bi-weekly payroll process. This individual is also responsible for administrative post closing duties within our lending department. This includes reviewing and packaging closed loan files, data entry, curing file deficiencies, managing the recording and assignment process, transmitting loan files to stakeholders and billing investor partners.
To be amazing in this role, you are a self-starter with strong organizational skills and a customer-centric focus. You live by your to-do list and love to hit deadlines and take pride in a job well done. Finally, you have strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail and the ability to efficiently learn new computer systems.
- Understanding of basic accounting and payroll processing.
- Two years of accounting and payroll processing payroll utilizing third party software.
- Customer focused, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive work approach with attention to detail, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Ability to efficiently learn new software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or similar field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Financial Edge and ADP.
- Understanding of basic residential real estate documents and forms.
- Understanding of state and federal mortgage regulations.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Fluency in two or more languages (including English).
- Passion for the mission of the organization.
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Primarily a seated, computer centric position.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
The salary range of this position is $20-25/hr. At NeighborWorks Home Partners, we offer a competitive benefits package, including employer paid accident and identity coverage, PTO, retirement, eleven holidays and a 38-hour work-week.
NeighborWorks Home empowers individuals and communities by helping people buy, fix and keep their homes. We support neighborhoods in St. Paul, Minneapolis, and surrounding communities through high-quality homebuyer education and counseling, home improvement lending and down payment assistance, foreclosure prevention services and the redevelopment of neglected properties and vacant lots to provide high-quality, safe, and sustainable housing. For nearly 40 years, we have assisted thousands of families in achieving their dream of homeownership. Our main office is located in St. Paul with convenient access to the interstate and mass transit (buses and green line train), with free parking available. Our aspiration includes eliminating the disparity in homeownership rates among communities of color, and we encourage applications from members of traditionally underserved communities.
NeighborWorks Home Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Disclaimer: The above statements may be abbreviated and are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. NeighborWorks Home Partners reserves the right to change or modify such duties, as required.