NeighborWorks Home Partners is seeking a detailed-oriented and organized, part-time Accounting Assistant to our join our growing organization.
Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Accounting Assistant is an integral member of the shared service team. This role serves as the primary driver for the day to day accounting operations of the organization. This responsibility includes entering transactions into accounting software (Abila MIP) and overall responsibility for general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable as well as managing the semi-monthly payroll process.
To be amazing in this role, you are a self-starter with strong organization skills and a customer centric focus. You will have strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail and ability to efficiently learn new computer systems. Finally, you will have a passion for helping customers achieve their dream of homeowners and build a strong community.
- Understanding of basic accounting and payroll processing.
- Experience processing payroll utilizing third party software.
- Customer focused, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive work approach with attention to detail, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to efficiently learn new software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or similar field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two years of basic accounting and payroll processing.
- Experience with Abila MIP and ADP.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Fluency in two or more languages (including English).
- Passion for the mission of the organization.
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Primarily a seated, computer centric position.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
This part-time role is anticipated 20 hours per week, with an hourly wage of $15-$17 (based on qualifications) and prorated holiday and Paid Time Off (PTO).
NeighborWorks Home Partners revitalizes neighborhoods by creating and supporting successful homeownership. We transform neighborhoods in St. Paul and surrounding communities through high-quality homebuyer education and counseling, home improvement lending and down payment assistance, foreclosure prevention services and the redevelopment of neglected properties and vacant lots to provide high-quality, safe, and sustainable housing. For over 35 years, we have assisted thousands of families achieve their dream of homeownership.
NeighborWorks Home Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Disclaimer: The above statements may be abbreviated and are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. NeighborWorks Home Partners reserves the right to change or modify such duties, as required. A complete job description is available here.