If you love to help others, want to make a positive difference in your community, and are eager to learn new skills, NeighborWorks Home Partners is interested in talking to you about our new Homeownership Assistant position.
The Homeownership Assistant is a pivotal in creating a positive customer experience and improving the efficiency of the services of our advising and education team, all with a goal of helping more Twin Cities residents become homeowners. This role is the primary point of contact for new customers entering our organization. Day-to-day, this role manages scheduling, document collection and supports the NWHP educational and homeownership advising.
To be amazing in this role, you are welcoming and excited to ensure customers receive the most out of their homeownership advising experience. You are organized, process-driven and resourceful. You feel comfortable managing data but also presenting in front of a group. You strive to one day become a fully certified homeownership advisor with skills to manage a full caseload of customers who dream of homeownership.
We are excited to train the right individual but looking for a few critical skills!
- Strong written, verbal communication, and public speaking skills.
- Experience and ability to work with people of diverse socio-economic backgrounds with the ability to adjust style and pace to meet customer or audience needs.
- Detail-orientated, with a passion to learn new skills and to promote efficiency.
- Flexible with the ability to manage multiple tasks in high volume work environment.
- Computer proficiency – Outlook, data entry, interest to learn new skills and systems.
- Fluency in two or more languages (including English). Preferred: Somali, Karen, Spanish.
- Experience providing direct service to customers and/or delivering support programs one-on-one or group setting with strong emphasis on providing excellent customer experience
- Computer proficiency – Salesforce or other CRM
- AA/BA/BS degree in Human Services, Social Work, Business, Finance, Housing, Real Estate or related field (or equivalent experience).
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and on call on a regular schedule.
- Ability to travel locally and transport educational aids to work sites in the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
Salary range anticipated $18-22 per hour, DOQ. At NeighborWorks Home Partners, we offer a competitive benefits package, including employer paid accident and identity coverage, PTO, retirement, eleven holidays and a 38-hour work-week.
NeighborWorks Home Partners revitalizes neighborhoods by creating and supporting successful homeownership. We transform neighborhoods in St. Paul and surrounding communities through high-quality homebuyer education and counseling, home improvement lending and down payment assistance, foreclosure prevention services and the redevelopment of neglected properties and vacant lots to provide high-quality, safe, and sustainable housing. For over 35 years, we have assisted thousands of families achieve their dream of homeownership. Our office is located in St. Paul with convenient access to the interstate and mass transit (buses and green line train), with free parking available.
For more information, please visit What We Do. NeighborWorks Home Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Disclaimer: The above statements may be abbreviated and are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. NeighborWorks Home Partners reserves the right to change or modify such duties, as required.