Housing Counselor/Homeownership Advisor
NeighborWorks Home Partners is seeking a highly motivated and talented full-time Housing Counselor to our join our growing HomeOwnership Center.
We believe our education and counseling services to be the cornerstone of what we do. Our counseling staff are critical to the success of our clients and our organization. Under the supervision of the Chief Program Officer, the Housing Counselor will work with the community at large and be responsible for the day-to-day scheduling, implementation and delivery of educational and counseling programs focused on homeownership. These programs may include: financial counseling and coaching, pre-purchase counseling and homebuyer education and Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling. Ultimately, the Housing Counselor will utilize tools related to budgeting, debt reduction, credit rebuilding to enable our clients to reach their homeownership goals.
To be amazing in this role, you will have case management experience, a high degree of self-motivation, dedication, creativity and perseverance. You will have strong problem-solving skills and must have consistent attention to details, particularly as it applies to program reporting.
- AA/BA/BS degree in Human Services, Social Work, Business, Finance, Housing, Real Estate or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective case management and handle large case load or similar experience.
- Proven track record of providing direct service to clients one-on-one or group setting with strong emphasis on providing excellent customer experience
- Strong written, verbal communication and public speaking skills.
- Detail-orientated, with a passion to learn new skills and techniques to promote efficiency and successful client outcomes.
- Experience and ability to work with people of diverse social economic backgrounds with the ability to adjust style and pace to meet client or audience needs.
- Flexible with the ability to manage multiple tasks in high volume work environment.
- Experience delivering housing or counseling programs in one-on-one and group settings.
- Experience with homeownership education, counseling, Federal housing programs.
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office, CounselorMax, Salesforce or other CRM
- Fluency in two or more languages (including English).
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Ability to travel locally and transport educational aids to work sites in the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and on call as necessary
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
Salary range anticipated $23-$26/hour. At NeighborWorks Home Partners, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental and life and disability insurance, employer-paid accident, identify theft coverage and retirement contributions. A generous paid time off program which includes eleven holidays and standard 38-hour work week creates a fantastic opportunity for work-life balance.
NeighborWorks Home Partners revitalizes neighborhoods by creating and supporting successful homeownership. We transform neighborhoods in St. Paul and surrounding communities through high-quality homebuyer education and counseling, home improvement lending and down payment assistance, foreclosure prevention services and the redevelopment of neglected properties and vacant lots to provide high-quality, safe, and sustainable housing. For nearly 40 years, we have assisted thousands of families achieve their dream of homeownership.
NeighborWorks Home Partners’ HomeOwnership Center helps families achieve homeownership by prepare families for long-term homeownership through homebuyer education, wise investment with affordable and appropriate mortgage products, and retain homes through preventative home maintenance, timely home repair, and rehabilitation.
NeighborWorks Home Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Disclaimer: The above statements may be abbreviated and are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. NeighborWorks Home Partners reserves the right to change or modify such duties, as required. A complete job description is available here.