Lending Advisor/Loan Officer Trainee
NeighborWorks Home Partners is seeking a highly motivated and customer-centric full-time Loan Officer Trainee to our join our team. We are delighted to have the opportunity to train the right individual to perform the job functions associated with this position.
Under the supervision of the Community Lending Manager, the Loan Officer Trainee is responsible for leading the administration and execution of NeighborWorks Home Partner’s (NWHP) lending programs, including loan origination, processing, closing and servicing.
This position will perform high quality residential mortgage origination by providing responsible lending opportunities to homebuyers and homeowners with an emphasis on underserved markets that further the mission of NeighborWorks Home Partners. With support from the Community Lending Manager, the Loan Officer Trainee manages the full cycle of lending from intake through approval and loan closing. The Loan Officer Trainee follows up to ensure that processing, underwriting, and closing are secured in a timely manner from appropriate sources and lending files are properly documented and maintained.
You are organized and efficient at checking off your to-do list but value the service you provide to your customers. You are excited to take the next step to become a loan officer but want to avoid the stress of a commission-based sales role.
- 2+ years of work experience.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to thrive in a high production environment, requiring enthusiasm, self-motivation and a positive attitude.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in team settings with staff and partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good judgment, common sense, maturity, tolerance for stress, and team spirit.
- Ability to obtain and maintain necessary professional certifications.
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office and the ability to efficiently learn new software.
- Understanding` of factors affecting borrower’s successful homeownership and working knowledge of the entire loan process.
- Ability to work remotely, as necessary, and flexibility in schedule to respond to customer inquiries during off-hours on a rotating schedule.
- Fluency in two or more languages (including English).
- Passion for the mission of the organization.
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
Salary range anticipated $20-$24/hour. At NeighborWorks Home Partners, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental and life and disability insurance, employer paid accident, identify theft coverage and retirement contributions. A generous paid time off program which includes eleven holidays and standard 38-hour work-week creates a fantastic opportunity for work life balance.
NeighborWorks Home Partners’ mission is empowering individuals and communities by helping people buy, fix and keep their homes. We transform neighborhoods in St. Paul and surrounding communities through high-quality homebuyer education and counseling, home improvement lending and down payment assistance, foreclosure prevention services and the redevelopment of neglected properties and vacant lots to provide high-quality, safe, and sustainable housing. For nearly 40 years, we have assisted thousands of families achieve their dream of homeownership.
NeighborWorks Home Partners’ HomeOwnership Center helps families achieve homeownership by prepare families for long-term homeownership through homebuyer education, wise investment with affordable and appropriate mortgage products, and retain homes through preventative home maintenance, timely home repair, and rehabilitation.
NeighborWorks Home Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Your application should include a cover letter explaining your interest in this developmental role.
Disclaimer: The above statements may be abbreviated and are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. NeighborWorks Home Partners reserves the right to change or modify such duties, as required. A complete job description is available here.