NeighborWorks Home Partners is seeking a highly motivated and customer-centric full-time Lending Advisor to join our team.
Under the supervision of the Community Lending Manager, the Lending Advisor is responsible for leading the administration and execution of NeighborWorks Home Partner’s (NWHP) lending programs, including loan origination, processing, closing and servicing.
This position will perform high quality residential mortgage origination by providing responsible lending opportunities to homebuyers and homeowners with an emphasis on underserved markets that further the mission of NeighborWorks Home Partners. The Lending Advisor manages the full cycle of lending from in-take through approval and closing. The Lending Advisor follows-up to ensure that processing, underwriting, and closing are secured in a timely manner from appropriate sources and lending files are properly documented and maintained.
To be amazing in this role, you are efficient at checking off your to-do list, but value the service you provide to your customers. You will have strong analytical skills and must have consistent attention to details, particularly as it applies to file compliance.
- 3+ years of mortgage and/or lending experience with strong credit & analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to thrive in a high production environment, requiring enthusiasm, self-motivation and a positive attitude.
- Solid organizational and time management skills as well as a strong knowledge in residential lending regulations.
- Ability to work collaboratively in team settings with staff and partners.
- Advanced understanding of factors affecting borrower’s successful homeownership and working knowledge of the entire loan process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good judgment, common sense, maturity, tolerance for stress, and team spirit.
- Ability to obtain and maintain necessary professional certifications.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends and maintain a flexible work schedule, as necessary.
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office, Calyx Point (or other loan origination software), Salesforce or other CRM
- Current knowledge of all laws, regulations, and compliance issues related to home lending.
- Fluency in two or more languages (including English).
- Passion for the mission of the organization.
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
Salary range anticipated $25-$28/hour. At NeighborWorks Home Partners, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental and life and disability insurance, employer paid accident, identify theft coverage and retirement contributions. A generous paid time off program which includes eleven holidays and standard 38-hour work-week creates a fantastic opportunity for work life balance.
NeighborWorks Home Partners’ mission is empowering individuals and communities by helping people buy, fix and keep their homes. We transform neighborhoods in St. Paul and surrounding communities through high-quality homebuyer education and counseling, home improvement lending and down payment assistance, foreclosure prevention services and the redevelopment of neglected properties and vacant lots to provide high-quality, safe, and sustainable housing. For nearly 40 years, we have assisted thousands of families achieve their dream of homeownership.
NeighborWorks Home Partners’ HomeOwnership Center helps families achieve homeownership by prepare families for long-term homeownership through homebuyer education, wise investment with affordable and appropriate mortgage products, and retain homes through preventative home maintenance, timely home repair, and rehabilitation.
NeighborWorks Home Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Disclaimer: The above statements may be abbreviated and are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. NeighborWorks Home Partners reserves the right to change or modify such duties, as required. A complete job description is available here.