Process Improvement Specialist, AmeriCorps VISTA
NeighborWorks Home Partners is a premier nonprofit homeownership center with resources to help people buy, fix, or keep their homes and be powerful and informed consumers. Our goal is to eliminate racial disparities in homeownership. We are hiring two AmeriCorps VISTA Associates to work in customer access/engagement and service delivery to help more people learn about and access these services.
Our VISTAs will serve with us for one year, from August 31, 2021 to August 29, 2022. If you are able to take on this challenge, you will be helping people access down payment assistance, homebuyer education, credit help, and home improvement funding. Many of our customers would not be able to achieve homeownership or make needed repairs to their homes without these resources. This is an experience that can make an impact not just for a lifetime but for generations to come.
VISTA members receive a living allowance of $575.40 bi-weekly and have a choice of the Segal Education Award (valued at approximately $6000) or an $1800 cash stipend at the completion of service. We also provide a $400 monthly housing subsidy.
We are looking for candidates who want to engage with the community, learn about nonprofit operations, and develop their skills in improving customer access and delivering services. The physical activity requirements for this job may include working outdoors at some community events and festivals if social distancing rules permit.
Applicants must be:
- U.S. citizens and at least 18 years of age
- responsible, self-motivated, and able to handle multiple ongoing projects
- able to work full-time with regular and timely attendance
- excellent communicators
The VISTA member will assist in adapting service delivery to meet emerging community needs, especially for audiences who encounter barriers to access homeownership services. This includes: conducting and holding focus groups and interviews to identify barriers to access; evaluating current service delivery model to identify customer challenges; improving customer engagement with programs; and improving service delivery workflows and implementing recommendations. These VISTA member findings will be implemented in our organization workflows and become part of our regular operations. Marketing and communications staff will work in partnership with the VISTA member in creating materials and updates to the website.
VISTA Assignment Description:
The VISTA member will assist in adapting service delivery to meet emerging community needs, especially for underrepresented communities. This includes documenting service delivery procedures and implementing some automation of service delivery that will streamline how staff interacts with customers. They will also help develop communications that will make it easier for customers to engage with our organization. This should increase the capacity of our staff, particularly our counseling staff, to meet with customers seeking homebuyer education and advising. This work will also help us address gaps in equity so that we reach underrepresented communities. The VISTA member will also be training staff to use technology. They will also be training staff throughout the year as new processes are implemented.
The VISTA member will deliver assets including: a training manual that will be available for staff that will document the work done; a master service delivery manual that encompasses all of the services offered at NWHP, with flowcharts, documentation of emails, and training materials; Salesforce reports to be used by senior staff monthly and quarterly to identify communities reached and communities underrepresented.
Document Service Delivery Processes
Work with program staff to:
- Document procedures for each of our service areas that customers access
- Create flowchart for each step in the process
- Work with other VISTA to seek feedback on processes
- Remove redundancies and barriers to access, identify areas for automation, make workflows that meet funder requirements
- Create manual of programs to document processes and produce instructional materials
Overcome Gaps in Equity
Work with program staff to:
- Create reports that display service lines created, in-process, and completed
- Create pivot tables to analyze service lines by demographics like age, race, gender, etc.
- Analyze data to understand what demographics we are reaching and what trends we are seeing over specific time periods
- Compare demographics of service area to address equity
- Under guidance of Chief Program Officer, research models to see how other organizations reach racial groups for homeownership support programs
Applications should be received by August 6 for priority consideration.