If you have completed an initial request for funds, here’s what to expect:
- Check your email often (including any spam folders!)
- If the number of requests exceeds the amount of funds available, random selection will be used.
- We will communicate via email whether you are selected to move forward or not.
- You will receive an email by the end of the day on Tuesday, January 19.
If you ARE NOT selected to move forward in obtaining funds:
- You will be notified by email by the end of the day Tuesday, January 19.
- Return to this website on March 1, 2021 to see if additional funds become available.
- Any available funds will be available each week on Monday morning at 9:00 am Central time beginning, March 1, 2021. Return to this website at those times to see if funds are available.
If you ARE selected to move forward in obtaining funds:
- You will be notified by email by the end of the day on Tuesday, January 19.
- You will receive an email with the required next steps.
- You will have 48 hours to complete the required next steps after you receive the email notification that you were selected. If you do not complete the required next steps within 48 hours, your funds will be released, and you will have to re-apply for funds.
What happens after you are selected?
- Complete the LIFT application process and upload the required relevant documents. To avoid delays or losing your funds please remember to upload documents that are clean and clear and preferably in pdf format. Two apps that you can use to help you with this are CamScanner and Genius Scan.
- NeighborWorks Home Partners will verify your eligibility for the NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance program.
- If you are eligible, you will receive a 90-day Reservation Letter stating that funds will be reserved in your name.
- You will have 90 days to shop for a home and execute a purchase-and-sale agreement (contract) on an eligible home. Once you have a fully executed purchase-and-sale agreement on a home, you need to upload that document to your account with NeighborWorks Home Partners and inform your mortgage lender of the executed agreement. At that time, NeighborWorks Home Partners will advise you of next steps.
- Once you have a fully executed purchase agreement, NeighborWorks Home Partners will review the property for eligibility and issue a LIFT Commitment Letter.
- Your transaction must close by the date outlined on your LIFT Commitment Letter.
We will process files as they are received, and processing may take up to 10 business days. Missing information or documentation will cause a delay in processing, so please be sure to provide all requested information.
Contact NeighborWorks Home Partners for questions about NeighborhoodLIFT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have additional questions, visit our FAQ page.