NeighborhoodLIFT is now available in Minneapolis and St. Paul! The NeighborhoodLIFT® program, a collaboration between Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks® America, offers down payment assistance for eligible homebuyers who complete approved homebuyer education. The program provides eligible homebuyers with $15,000 to use toward down payment and/or closing costs on qualified homes.
Funds Available on a Limited Basis
The initial period for requesting NeighborhoodLIFT funds has ended. All of these funds have been reserved as of Monday, January 25, 2021. If funds are available, they will be posted on Mondays at 9:00 AM, available on a first-come, first-served basis. Check the top of the page in our portal here to see if funds are available.
Return to this page and scroll down to the Eligibility Questionnaire when you are ready to apply for NeighborhoodLIFT funds. Please remember that you must complete Homebuyer Education from an approved provider, have a pre-approval for a first mortgage from a NeighborhoodLIFT approved lender, and all borrowers’ income must be below $77,840.
If you previously submitted a request for funds, be sure to check your email, including your spam folder, for emails from NeighborWorks Home Partners with information on next steps.
NeighborhoodLIFT Program Information
NeighborWorks Home Partners is proud to be part of the NeighborhoodLIFT program in collaboration with Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks America. Discover the possibilities of homeownership and find out if it’s right for you!
- Provides homebuyer education to prepare potential homebuyers for homeownership
- Provides eligible homebuyers with $15,000 in down payment assistance on eligible properties
- Assistance is not limited to first-time homebuyers
- All borrowers’ annual income must be below $77,840
- Properties for the program must be:
- Located in the city limits of Minneapolis or St. Paul
- The primary, owner-occupied home of the borrowers
- A single-family home (attached or detached), 2- 4-unit home, condominium, townhome, PUD, co-op, land trust or qualified manufactured home.
NOTE: Customers need a minimum of 30 days to close from the point that they upload their purchase agreement. Please coordinate with NeighborWorks Home Partners, your first mortgage lender, and real estate agent as closing dates may need to be adjusted due to demand and capacity.
Minneapolis-St. Paul NeighborhoodLIFT
Down Payment Funds are Now Available!
In order to apply for the NeighborhoodLIFT program, you must:
- Complete eight hours of homebuyer education from an agency that is approved for the NeighborhoodLIFT program prior to submitting your request. (see list)
- Get a mortgage pre-approval from an approved NeighborhoodLIFT lender. (see list) (see sample letter)
- Meet the income requirements for the program. All borrowers’ annual income must be below $77,840.
Take the Eligibility Questionnaire to see if you meet the requirements to request funds. You will need to complete this process again within your account to verify before applying for NeighborhoodLIFT funds.
You MUST be able to answer “Yes” to all three questions in order to start the application process.
- Have you completed a total of eight hours of homebuyer education from an agency approved for the NeighborhoodLIFT program and do you have a certificate dated within the last 12 months?
- Do you have a pre-approval letter for a first mortgage from an approved NeighborhoodLIFT lender?
- Have you reviewed the income requirements for the program? All borrowers’ annual income must be below $77,840.
Did you answer “Yes” to all three questions?
What happens after you apply?
You will receive an email with additional instructions. They can also be found here.
- Be sure to check the spam or junk mail folder in your email. All communication will be from NeighborWorks Home Partners.If you have additional questions, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.