NeighborhoodLIFT is now available in Minneapolis and St. Paul! The NeighborhoodLIFT® program, a collaboration between Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks® America, offers down payment assistance for eligible homebuyers who complete approved homebuyer education. The program provides eligible homebuyers with $15,000 to use toward down payment and/or closing costs on qualified homes.
Funds Available on a Limited Basis
The next registration period will be 9:00AM on Thursday, December 2 to 9:00AM on Monday, December 6.
There will be no registration periods for the weeks of December 6, December 13, and December 20.
Please check back towards the end of December for additional announcements when LIFT funds will become available.
NeighborWorks Home Partners accepts requests for funds each week from 9:00 AM on Thursdays until 9:00 AM Mondays, as long as funds are available. Visit this website to submit a request. Our website will be updated with fund availability announcements.
A random selection process will be used each week to determine which customers may move forward in the process to apply for down payment assistance. If you are not selected, you may return to this website the following week and submit a request for funds again.
Please remember that you must have the following to request funds:
- Complete eight hours of homebuyer education from an approved provider*
- Have a pre-approval for a first mortgage from a NeighborhoodLIFT approved lender
- All borrowers’ income must be below $80,480
*The NeighborhoodLIFT Down Payment Assistance program requires completion of eight hours of homebuyer education prior to requesting funds. Buyers must also have a valid homebuyer education certificate at closing on their property. Certificates of completion are valid for 12 months after issuance. Please reach out to NeighborWorks Home Partners for further details.
If you can say “yes” to all three requirements, you can submit a request for funds. You will need to upload a copy of your mortgage pre-approval letter from an approved lender, and your current homebuyer education certificate from an approved provider. How to upload documents.
- If you don’t meet these requirements yet, click here to learn more about how you can prepare to apply for funds.
- If you submit a request but are not selected, you may request funds again the next week.
- Be sure to check your email, including your spam folder, for emails from NeighborWorks Home Partners with information on next steps. You can start gathering the required documents you will need if you are selected.
NeighborhoodLIFT Program Information
NeighborWorks Home Partners is proud to be part of the NeighborhoodLIFT program in collaboration with Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks America. Discover the possibilities of homeownership and find out if it’s right for you!
- Provides homebuyer education to prepare potential homebuyers for homeownership
- Provides eligible homebuyers with $15,000 in down payment assistance on eligible properties
- Assistance is not limited to first-time homebuyers
- All borrowers’ annual income must be below $80,480
- Properties for the program must be:
- Located in the city limits of Minneapolis or St. Paul
- The primary, owner-occupied home of the borrowers
- A single-family home (attached or detached), 2- 4-unit home, condominium, townhome, PUD, co-op, land trust or qualified manufactured home.
Employees and immediate family members of Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks Home Partners are not eligible for LIFT funding. “Immediate family member” is defined as the spouse or dependent children of the employee. A child of the employee that is no longer financially dependent on their parent(s) IS eligible to participate.
NOTE: Customers need a minimum of 30 days to close from the point that they are selected for LIFT funds and complete their application, which includes uploading all required documents and completing all forms. Please coordinate with NeighborWorks Home Partners, your first mortgage lender, and real estate agent as closing dates may need to be adjusted due to demand and capacity.
What happens after you apply?
You will receive an email with additional instructions. They can also be found here.
- Be sure to check the spam or junk mail folder in your email. All communication will be from NeighborWorks Home Partners. If you have additional questions, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
More resources to help you buy a home: