Applying for NeighborhoodLIFT funds – Existing Accounts
If you already have an account with NeighborWorks Home Partners, follow the steps below to request funds.
- 1. Visit the Compass portal (opens in a new tan
- 2. Log in to your account. (if you do not have an account, click here for step-by-step instructions
- 3. Click on “Services” at the top of the screen.
- 4. Expand the “Apply for NeighborhoodLIFT” section by clicking the arrow
- 5. Click the check box next to “Is your income below $80,480? Have you completed eight hours of homebuyer education and have a first mortgage pre-approval from a NeighborhoodLIFT approved lender? If yes, you might be eligible for the NeighborhoodLIFT program.
- 6. Choose the primary area in which you are looking to purchase a property from the dropdown menu.
- 7. Select any other areas you are interested in purchasing by click the options under “Available Areas.” It will move them to “Selected Areas.”
- 8. Hit “Save” at the bottom of the page.
- 9. Once you hit “Save,” click “My Profile” on the top of the screen.
- 10. Complete all the sections in “My Profile,” (name, address, contact information, etc.) then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the green button that says “Save and Continue.”
- 11. A new screen will appear. Click on NeighborhoodLIFT Request. This will have five questions for you to answer. (It begins with “Have you completed Homebuyer Education?”) After answering all five questions, click “Save Section” at the bottom on the screen.
- 12. Navigate back to the “Services” tab. You should see Neighborhood LIFT Request there. Confirm that the page says “Neighborhood LIFT Request – Active – 1”; this ensures your request is complete.
- 13. You will also receive a confirmation email when your request for NeighborhoodLIFT funds is received.
- 14. You may begin to upload your documents. The email you receive will contain information on your next steps.
We are available to provide assistance during our normal business hours:
Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
lf you need assistance outside our normal business hours, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as quickly as possible during normal business hours.