Applying for NeighborhoodLIFT Funds – New Accounts
If you do not have an account with NeighborWorks Home Partners, follow the steps below to request funds.
1.Visit the Compass portal (opens in a new tab)
2. Click the “Sign Up Now” button.
3. When creating your account, be sure to check “I would like to apply for NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance.”
4. Choose the primary area in which you are looking to purchase a property from the dropdown menu.
5. Select any other areas you are interested in purchasing by click the options under “Available Areas.” It will move them to “Selected Areas.”
If you wish to receive your lending specific documents electronically, please check the “I agree to the Consent to Receive Documents Electronically” check box.
6. Hit the “Continue” button.
7. Fill in the fields first name, last name, email address, phone number and how you heard about us.
8. Click the “Create Account” button.
9. You will receive an email to confirm your account. Check your email and click the “Confirm Account” link in the email.
10. The link will take you to a screen to create your password. Enter a password and hit the “Set Password” button.
11. Once you have completed the initial steps, you will receive an email from NeighborWorks Home Partners in order to authenticate your account.
A. Within the email click on the “Confirm Your Account” hyperlink.
B. Create an 8-character password for your profile
12. Once you are logged in, click “My Profile” on the top of the screen.
13. Complete all the sections in “My Profile,” (name, address, contact information, etc.) then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the green button that says “Save and Continue.”
14. A new screen will appear. Click on NeighborhoodLIFT Request. This will have five questions for you to answer. (It begins with “Have you completed Homebuyer Education?”) After answering all five questions, click “Save Section” at the bottom on the screen.
15. Navigate back to the “Services” tab. You should see Neighborhood LIFT Request there. Confirm that the page says “Neighborhood LIFT Request – Active – 1”; this ensures your request is complete.
16. You will also receive a confirmation email when your request for NeighborhoodLIFT funds is received.
17. You may begin to upload your documents. The email you receive will contain information on your next steps.
We are available to provide assistance during our normal business hours:
Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
lf you need assistance outside our normal business hours, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as quickly as possible during normal business hours.