Applying for NeighborhoodLIFT funds – New Accounts
If you do not have an account with NeighborWorks Home Partners, follow the steps below to request funds. You may use this document to see a screen shot of each step.
1.Visit the Compass portal (opens in a new tab)
2. Click the “Sign Up Now” button.
3. When creating your account, be sure to check “I would like to apply for NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance.”
4. Choose the primary area in which you are looking to purchase a property from the dropdown menu.
5. Select any other areas you are interested in purchasing by click the options under “Available Areas.” It will move them to “Selected Areas.”
If you wish to receive your lending specific documents electronically, please check the “I agree to the Consent to Receive Documents Electronically” check box.
6. Hit the “Continue” button.
7. Fill in the fields first name, last name, email address, phone number and how you heard about us.
8. Click the “Create Account” button.
9. You will receive an email to confirm your account. Check your email and click the “Confirm Account” link in the email.
10. The link will take you to a screen to create your password. Enter a password and hit the “Set Password” button.
11. Once you have completed the initial steps, you will receive an email from NeighborWorks Home Partners in order to authenticate your account.
A. Within the email click on the “Confirm Your Account” hyperlink.
B. Create an 8-character password for your profile
12. Once you are logged in, select the “LIFT Quiz” button in the banner at the top of the screen.
13. Answer the two questions with a Yes or No answer from the drop down.
14. Once you have completed the quiz and are determined preliminarily eligible, you will be asked on screen to enter some information about your current mailing address. If you have a purchase property, enter that information as well.
15. You will receive an email when your request for NeighborhoodLIFT funds is received.
16. You may begin to upload your documents. The email you receive will contain information on your next steps.
We are available to provide assistance during our normal business hours:
Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
lf you need assistance outside our normal business hours, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as quickly as possible during normal business hours.